Paid import available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid import available?

Does Jelsoft offer any official paid import services from other forum systems to vB?

I know there is the free impex system and support here in the forums for that. What I'm looking for would be to provide Jelsoft a copy of my database, then Jelsoft does the import and returns a vB 3.5.4 database with all data properly imported from the source board db.

Thanks,

John
    ...john2k...

No, they don't however, it's not really hard to do

Further info...
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134188
    Lats...

Comment

Originally posted by john2k View Post
      Does Jelsoft offer any official paid import services from other forum systems to vB?
      If Jelsoft can't provide an Import script for your actual software, you can always request the professional services from one of the pros at vbulletin.org .. there is a section in the forum for that kind of topics...
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Well, they provide installation and upgrading, the next logical step would be covering imports.

I get the feeling they've discussed this at length, though.

Comment

Yes, I'd imagine they have.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Lats View Post
            No, they don't however, it's not really hard to do
            I've used the Impex system quite a few times and usually it is no problem. Recently, though, I've run into a number of issues with converting an IPB forum to vB. One issue seems to be a bug with the Impex script itself as mentioned here.

If Jelsoft offered a paid import service for $100-$200 or so, it would be worth it for me to simply let Jelsoft take care of all the issues and correct any bugs in the Impex script as they find is necessary along the way. Would be much more cost efficient for me, with this specific import, than doing it myself and spending lots of time with the various issues that are coming about.

Thanks for all the replies.
            ...john2k...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X