Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just read a few threads on moving from Invisionfree to VB... and it seems VERY hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whitetigergrowl
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
    My favorite response when inquiring about InvisionFree is "Well, it's handled by a different person than IPB" as if that absolves them of any responsibility.
    It does. The 1.3 software has been butchered so much its not really even IPB 1.3 anymore. And its handled by a different company. Not by IPS.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    My favorite response when inquiring about InvisionFree is "Well, it's handled by a different person than IPB" as if that absolves them of any responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    He seems to be the guy that runs InvisionFree.

You'd have to ask for exact details there, but I assume he'll restore it into a database. You can then use ImpEx to import your data.

Leave a comment:

• David Lama
    replied
    whose he? and I thought I was the one that was suppose to carry out the operation once I had the dump?

*lost again*

Leave a comment:

• Blue-inc
    replied
    Originally posted by David Lama View Post
    how much does the 1.3 board cost?? I mean I know how much the dump costs but what about the 1.3 board that i keep hearing about?

and I know I gotta put it on vb, my question is HOW

what is the process, like I said I have zero computer knowledge lol
    IPB v1.3 is free. He'll install the Database on that. Then all you have to do is convert the Database. First you will need a host and an IPB v1.3 board...for him to carry out the operation

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Common misconception. You do not have to buy IPB. Otherwise it would cost $180 (?) + $65 to get the database.

Once you get the database, getting it into vBulletin is not difficult.

Leave a comment:

• David Lama
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue-inc View Post
    InvisionFree/Brandon installs the Database on a IPB v1.3 board
    how much does the 1.3 board cost?? I mean I know how much the dump costs but what about the 1.3 board that i keep hearing about?

and I know I gotta put it on vb, my question is HOW

what is the process, like I said I have zero computer knowledge lol

Leave a comment:

• Blue-inc
    replied
    InvisionFree/Brandon installs the Database on a IPB v1.3 board, then after you can do what you like with it.
    So, it wont be that hard, all you have to do is run Impex and convert the database.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You would need to get a dump of the database then restore it to a new db on your server. After that you canm use Impex to import it into vB.

Leave a comment:

• David Lama
    replied
    I have invisionfree, not IPB. I'm just saying I heard they give you your data in IPB or something. but what exactly are the steps for making the data from Invisionfree actually work on a new host with VB installed?

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    Try waiting more than an hour...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Which version of IPB are you running? I think the paid dump is only applicalble to InvisionFree databases.

Leave a comment:

• David Lama
    replied
    i know someone here has transfered from IF

Leave a comment:

• I just read a few threads on moving from Invisionfree to VB... and it seems VERY hard

I mean.. from what I understand

you need to first ask and pay for a raw dump of your database then you need to buy the IPB or whatevers its called?? cause thats the only way you can use the database given by invision? then when somehow you convert it into IPB or whatever then after wasting money on IPb and all that, buying their liscense bla bla bla and who knows what else. then you gotta find another converter to change the data to vb, am I right?

or is it alot easier than this? I dont know much about computers and it'd be cool if someone thats done a transfer could explain this to me. from what I hear its VERY hard and not for someone who knows nothing about computers, so would I be lost in doing this?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X