Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you transfer from invisionfree to VB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you transfer from invisionfree to VB...

do all your threads and forums stay as they were?

or do the threads suddenly have no order?? like are they still placed where they were when they were on invisionfree or na??

for example

on invision free

I have

1000 posts in a forum called whats up

10000 in one called hell yea

after I transfer to VB, convert whatever its called..

will those forums still contain those posts?

in order words will **** still be where it was?
    real name no gimmicks.

Hello,

Please note that invisionfree does not give you your data. You'll have to buy a IPB license first, and pay them to convert invisionfree to IPB and then you can use IPB's data to convert to vBulletin. We offer you free impex tools to convert from ipb to vBulletin.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_systems

Here are our supported scripts, with details what is imported.

Comment

license?? for real?

I was told this in a support ticket

Originally posted by Support Ticket
      If you would prefer a raw dump of your forum's database, you need to purchase a Conversion, which will provide you with your forum's database in IPB 1.3 format. You could then convert this database to other formats. Follow the link for pricing. Import instructions that include a link to the data will be posted in this ticket after your conversion has been performed.

After purchasing a Conversion, if you'd like the database to be installed on your IPB 1.3 for you, InvisionFree can perform a Transfer, in which we restore the database to your new hosted board. The Transfer link shows pricing for this service.

Any purchases are subject to the Terms of Sale.
      did he leave anything out?
      real name no gimmicks.

Comment

The last time I checked their sales page they mentioned they will convert it to your IPB license, and in requirements it had an ipb license listed. I go from that info, maybe they have changed their policy again.

Comment

how could I find out more about this? is there a page that speaks about it? cause this is the first time I've heard this license thing , its scaring me
          real name no gimmicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            The last time I checked their sales page they mentioned they will convert it to your IPB license, and in requirements it had an ipb license listed. I go from that info, maybe they have changed their policy again.
            I've always remembered hearing that InvisionFree (which is not related to IPS in any way) will give you a database backup for about $60. I don't recall being required to own an IPB license.
            Forums

Comment

same here
              real name no gimmicks.

Comment

OK i will try to explain this as best as i can (we used to be on invisionfree)

They give you a link to download your data, which ideally you need to import into an ipb 1.3 forum (they also give you a list of queries to run before importing it) but read this thread that Jerry explained here... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...70&postcount=4

So yes it can be done

My vb licence is not used at the moment ( i gave my staff team a free vote and they decided to go with other software ( ) but anyway thats what they give you... Am hoping to move over to vb soon though as we are having too many issues relating to the software we are using...

If you have a search for "invisionfree" theres a fair few threads with good info and advice in too.

Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X