phpbb user permissions vs. VB user groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb user permissions vs. VB user groups

Ok. You sold us on the VB and we have done a test run by importing our PHPBB forum to VB and everything works great.

One question

We had several private forums that no longer seem to be private on our new VB.

We always set certain forums to private on our old phpbb and went into user permissions and selected who had access.

With VB does this all have to be done by user groups?

You can set forums to be private by going to the "Forums & Moderators" category in the ACP and clicking "Forum Permissions". There you can customize which usergroups see what. (General Hint: Subforums inherit permissions from Categories / Higher Level Forums.)

Comment

Thanks for the help!

So with PHPBB I would set the forum to private and then pull up users permission settings and grant them access.

With VB I have to create a new user group for a private forum and make sure eveyone who I want to see the forum is part of that group?

Comment

Yes that is the way I did it on mine. I'm not sure if there is a better way, maybe someone else knows?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X