Homestead help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homestead help please

I’ve been with Homestead web hosting for a fair few years now, but recently I have come across the need to have a forum on my site and there's no question that vBulletin is the one, but as I understand it, Homestead does not work with these kind of forums.

I could be wrong here though! I want to know what my options are, if I can use vBulletin with homestead then that would be great, but I would greatly appreciate some help with this. If I cannot use vBulletin with Homestead then what can I do to integrate vBulletin Forums with my Homestead site.

Is there any way i can get a forum into my homestead site, with it looking both part of my site, and professional. I don’t want to use a second supportive server with awful adverts on.

Sorry for all the questions but I’m desperate to make this work, even if it's not possible!

Cheers - The_Pateint

I hope my message makes sense, i have had a few drinks!

Never heard of them myself - do you have a link?

The basic requirements are php & mysql.
    Lats...

Comment

I don't get it. If that's the case why not get another webhosting account shift your things there?
      Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

Homestead/vBulletin

Cos I really want to stick Homestead Hosting/building.

It's by far the best solution if you ask me, not that ive tried any others, but ones I have looked at have naff on-line browser builders where it goes through steps giving you a selection of layouts and stuff. With homestead you get independent building software and the freedom to design it how you like, and with what you like with regard your own graphics and stuff.

Comment

Can you link to your website please so someone can give a more informed opinion. Can you explain please why you believe vBulletin will not work with your hosting service?

Comment

Because the host does not use php and mysql. Here's a fairly good description of their services, discussed in a vbulletin forum about webhosting:

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_he...ead.php?t=1986

Regards,
            Slappy

Comment

Ah. Then no, you haven't got a hope of getting vBulletin to work on Homestead no matter what you do.

A second server will not have adverts on if you pay for it, and since Homestead is paid as well you're probably better off making the switch entirely since you appear to be very restricted there. Unless of course you need the tools and so on, in which case you have no choice but to have two separate hosting accounts.

Comment

as been said above, there is no way you can get vBulletin working on Homestead.
                So i suggest you take a look at some other hosts;
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
                It's not the fall that kills you— it's the sudden stop at the end.
                Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

vbulletin does not work on free hosts and if you come across a free host where you get vbulletin working they will probably ask you to upgrade your account to paid hosting.Let's use some common sense here if you can afford vbulletin you can afford a decent host to

Comment

Does vbulletin have the ability to be iframed into a web page?
                    I have a homestead site and I use a forumco.com forum inserted via iframe.

Comment

Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
                      vbulletin does not work on free hosts and if you come across a free host where you get vbulletin working they will probably ask you to upgrade your account to paid hosting.Let's use some common sense here if you can afford vbulletin you can afford a decent host to
                      Excuse me?
                      www.buildtolearn.com to give an example
                      I got my hosting there for a week... but the server was to much down...
                      It's not the fall that kills you— it's the sudden stop at the end.
                      Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

Hey thanks for all the info guys, i would like to know more about iframes, sound like it could be a decent solution. Unless someone can mention a server/host/builder as good as homestead, i dont think i can move.

Comment

You should really free yourself from the chains of wisywig site builders, learn some html css or buy a nice program that will help you with it.

You can pickup a very cheap 5USD a month host that will suite your requirements and host a forum. Theres nothing really stoping you from keeping your homestead site to "build" the html files if you can download as a raw file before the adscript is inserted either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X