Couple Pre-Purchase questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Pre-Purchase questions

• Anonymous Posting: Hi, I'm currently a discus Pro user and run a board that deals with partnership questions. Discus Pro offers the option of posting as Anonymous which I feel is very important in forums like that, because the questions are sometimes very personal. Does
    • E-Mail notifications: Can the user select which topics he wants to receive notifications from and will this setting be taken from the current Discus Pro setting?
    • Are there downloadable trial versions / free versions available that I could download to test the user acceptance / admin handling etc? The 24 hour trial is not a feasible choice for me.
    Thanks in advance.

Yes you can set in the usergroup permission to allow people to post as members.

Yes the user can select the topic he wish to receive notification from but he has to be registered.

No they are not download trial version for vbulletin. You can try the demo

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
    Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

Originally posted by tommyng View Post
      Yes you can set in the usergroup permission to allow people to post as members.

Yes the user can select the topic he wish to receive notification from but he has to be registered.

No they are not download trial version for vbulletin. You can try the demo

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
      I believe he means "Post Anonymously" as in a logged in member can check a mark and have their post list an anonymous author. If so, one could go to the vBulletin-Add on resource website and use the search function to see if such an add-on is available.

Comment

The ability to post anonymously is not a 'by default' feature in vBulletin. However, there's an add-on to do this available at www.vBulletin.org, the official resources site of vBulletin.com. Once you purchase a license, you'll gain the ability to download all the add-ons & plug-ins at vB.org for free.
        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

To your other questions:

Users can subscribe to threads and receive notifications about them. I'm pretty sure existing subscriptions aren't transferred though.

Due to the visible source nature of our product all we can offer is the vBulletin Demo. If you like I can extend this for you if you need more time.
          Simply open a sales ticket and provide your demoid.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment