Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to change my invisionfree site to VB., someone walk me through please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to change my invisionfree site to VB., someone walk me through please.

so I have an invisionfree site

and Im not experienced with websites at all. not sure what I'd need to maintain a site and all.

how would I go about changing my current site from invisionfree to VB?? I hear its possible. is there a way it can be done for me by someone or no?

so far this is what I know since I did a support ticket and was told this in it.

Originally posted by Support Ticket
    If you would prefer a raw dump of your forum's database, you need to purchase a Conversion, which will provide you with your forum's database in IPB 1.3 format. You could then convert this database to other formats. Follow the link for pricing. Import instructions that include a link to the data will be posted in this ticket after your conversion has been performed.

After purchasing a Conversion, if you'd like the database to be installed on your IPB 1.3 for you, InvisionFree can perform a Transfer, in which we restore the database to your new hosted board. The Transfer link shows pricing for this service.

Any purchases are subject to the Terms of Sale.
    so

after I get my site changed to VB

what would I need to maintain the website and how would I go about getting those things.

host, server ect. all those things.

roughly how much would I be wasting.

someone please help me out.

and to those who have switched from invisionfree to VB, how hard was it?

basically I need to know everything that is to know about running a website. hope you guys can help me.
    real name no gimmicks.

oh and whats this whole MySQL and PHP thing about?
    Last edited by David Lama; Mon 3rd Jul '06, 11:24am.
    real name no gimmicks.

Comment

Um, you're going to have to get a website, a domain name, buy vBulletin, install vBulletin, create a MySQL database (push a few buttons in a control panel), upload your InvisionFree files, install vBulletin ImpEx, configure ImpEx to see your InvisionFree data, import your forum.

Sounds hard, but we'll help you step-by-step and there is good documentation on all of it.

Comment

what would the total cost be though?

and where do I find the step by step documentation? those things tend to be confusing too

and I have a domain name already
        real name no gimmicks.

Comment

Those questions are very broad. I suggest you look at the online documentation then if you have a specific question let us know:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well InvisionFree charges $65 for the forum files, a vBulletin license is $85 or $160 depending on what license you get(not including phone support), so your looking at a very pretty penny. And my friend is also looking to turn one of the biggest IF forums to vB, so I'm helping him with that. hope that helps.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X