installing clean on a new server, but keeping data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing clean on a new server, but keeping data

I am possibly going to be taking a vbul forum off someones hands, which means i will be purtchasing a license for my server and installing from fresh.
    If possible, i would like to keep the posts and members, but not have all the installed mods, as they are rather botched, and not all of them are fully working. What would be the best way arround this, or is it just going to be better to start from scratch?

You could install a new copy of vB to a new database, then use Impex to import the old data to the new one.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

what would this do to custom info and mods, would the remove them, and just import the default data. i ideally need to keep the custom user profile fields and basically just kill all the mods.

Comment

It would remove them since those cannot be imported.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just the information I needed.

Thanks.
          Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X