Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral login

Hello guys,

Prior buying a vBulletin forum, I'd like to know id it would be possible to create the most neutral login page as possible.

A login page as neutral as it would not be possible to know the name of the forum, to see any button like "register", "member", "help" or things like that and... even the copyright at the bottom of the login page (only).
    But I wish to keep all the copyright stuff for all other pages but only when users are logged in.

Is all this possible ?

As you can imagine, this forum would be a very private forum (nothing illegal), where people would be invited and nobody else should know this forum ever exists.

This should be possible by creating a custom login page, ie. a page that's not part of the forum but forwards the information and logs the user in. This is not part of the standard vBulletin package, but assistance can be requested at vbulletin.org.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

Thank you Fusion for your answer.

That's right, I would just need the "central part" of the login page, wich would look like the rest of the forum.

So when I'll be cleared to buy a vB license, I'll request some help to do this as you imagine... Is it difficult ?

Comment

There may already be solutions ready-made to accomplish what you want over at vbulletin.org. I suggest you go there and look.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

vBulletin 3.6 also has a login page, with just the login.
          You could redirect users there and set the default style to a nondescript style to achieve this.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

But this would, I think, still display the vBulletin copyright info, being part of vBulletin. What was requested was a completly anonymous page. This can only be achieved withing the license by purchasing the branding-free addon.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

Thank you guys for your answers.
              These give me more reasons to choose vB

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
              You could redirect users there and set the default style to a nondescript style to achieve this.
              What do you mean by a nondescript style Colin ?

Comment

What I meant was that you could remove any buttons or links there, so you'll have pretty much only the login screen.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                  What was requested was a completly anonymous page. This can only be achieved withing the license by purchasing the branding-free addon.
                  Yes but it is just and only for the login page. Of course I wish to keep the copyright for the logged in users

And for me, it is a bit expensive to put $120 just to hide the copyright for only one "short life" page...

Comment

What I meant was that you could remove any buttons or links there, so you'll have pretty much only the login screen.
                    Okay, that's what I tried with a test forum made with SMF, but it was not as easy as I could think before trying this.

Comment

If you remove the copyright from any page you would need to buy a branding free license.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Comment

...Which is why I suggested creating a page that's outside of the license of the software, which would be considered hacking, but it can be done, and would give the intended results.
                        Toddler from Hell

Comment

If you remove the copyright from any page you would need to buy a branding free license.
                          Understood Colin. So I'll keep the copyright at the bottom of the login page

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                            ...Which is why I suggested creating a page that's outside of the license of the software, which would be considered hacking, but it can be done, and would give the intended results.

Oh yeah, but I don't know anything in HTML and in using vB usernames and passwords related to its tables

Comment

Originally posted by Limerick View Post
                              Oh yeah, but I don't know anything in HTML and in using vB usernames and passwords related to its tables
                              You can always ask for help over at vbulletin.org. Call it a learning experience.
                              Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X