This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Which staff do you think is not aware of this?
    Steve, I just got a reply from a support ticket from Cary Sidhom, with this:

Hi Rigel,

I'm afraid that you'll need to download the zips and hack the new forum like the old one...it would be against the license agreement just to move the files over to your new site, sorry.

Thanks...

All the best,
    Cary Sidhom
    Support Team, vBulletin

http://www.vbulletin.com/
    mailto:[email protected]
    And....

Originally posted by Colin F
    As long as you enter the URLs you are running vBulletin on in the members area you can also use the same set of files for both instances.

Please clarify if I can use the same source for my two forums.... spending 3-4 hours re-hacking everything each time there is an upgrade isn't really time well spent.
    CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
    CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

I have already clarified our policy in post #16. Honestly I don't know why there continues to be any confusion about this. We have had the same policy for 6 years.

Rahter than continue this thread let me repeat it so the last post contains the final word.

Currently you need to use the exact files for each license. You cannot use the same files for multiple sites, even if you have licenses for these sites.

If this policy changes in the future we will make an announcement to that affect.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X