Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying VBulletin - ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying VBulletin - ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode import?

Hi

Sent this as a PM to Jerry before i found this section. Anyhow:

We're a swedish non-profit IT community, and I've almost convinced the board leaders to migrate to VBulletin instead of ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode.

Does ImpEx support import of this forum? If not, would it be possible to upgrade the tier2 v.2.4.3 code to support v.2.5.5?

I/we really want to migrate to VBulletin, but since there's so much knowledge in the current forum-db, we also cannot afford to lose it.

regards
    Mats Bjur

If you have a backup of the data of your current forum, please start a support ticket once you have a license, and Jerry will upgrade the importer.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Okay, thanks alot for the quick answer!

Will this cost extra or is it included in the VBulletin license?

Comment

As it's an upgrade to an existing importer, this shouldn't cost extra.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Have you been helped Mats ? If you have, please let me know how it went. I have playground 2.5.5 here too and is on a brick wall with that VB thingy.....Everything is imported but not showing up in the forum.. I can see the users in the forum, I can query the posts in the databse but nothing shows in the forum.
          Last edited by tiwale; Thu 28 Sep '06, 5:41am.

Comment

Hi

No we haven't migrated yet, the forum owners are quite hard-headed about running things on ASP and MS SQL... :/

Comment

tell them to hurry, VB is great.. Jerry just helped me with my conversion. I am going through the features. wonderful.... 1/2 the price of aspplay for a better product in my eyes..

Comment

Hi again!

Long time no post, but this question has come up again - is the offer still standing?

Comment

Jerry is not working with jelsoft/vbulletin anymore. But better to ask your question via ticket.
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.gif

Comment

Jerry said he's working part time for Jelsoft. I have not heard otherwise.

Comment

Sorry, I was confused, because he didnt even have special status under nick on this forum (he is 'Senior Member', as you and me).
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.gif

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X