Installing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Help

Okay if I buy this software which I probably will, how do you even install it or get it on the internet. Is it hard and I have a godaddy domain does this support that? P.S. I was trying the demo and I couldn't find where to turn on quick reply any help?

Hi

You'll need a web host that supports PHP and MySQL. The whole installation process is described here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/install

Turning on Quick Reply is in the vBulletin Options.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

That looks way complicated its a turn off. Can it not be easier?

Comment

Installing the software is quite straight forward, even though it may look complicated at first glance.

In relation to purchasing a domain name from godaddy, it very easy.
        Lats...

Comment

Youll need to be on a Linux GoDaddy server rather than a windoze server as you will need to run PHP scripts.
          Regards

Comment

Its easy to install man, just read xD

Comment

Okay how do you do it. Like I have a godaddy account can I upload this software to a godaddy account. I am new to this html stuff so I don't really know what Im doing is there anyone who could please give me the basics of how to upload this software to a godaddy server. I really appreciate the help as I really want this forum, but am confused as where to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous999 View Post
                Youll need to be on a Linux GoDaddy server rather than a windoze server as you will need to run PHP scripts.
                You can still run PHP scripts on a windows server.

Comment

Yes, but GoDaddy doesn't install PHP on Windows servers.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Comment

Originally posted by heyhowareyou View Post
                    Okay how do you do it. Like I have a godaddy account can I upload this software to a godaddy account. I am new to this html stuff so I don't really know what Im doing is there anyone who could please give me the basics of how to upload this software to a godaddy server. I really appreciate the help as I really want this forum, but am confused as where to begin.
                    Start with the instructions (and some forum searching) and ask questions as you go.

Or you can pay for a professional installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                      Yes, but GoDaddy doesn't install PHP on Windows servers.
                      Okay that wasn't made clear, I thought an assumption was made that you couldn't run PHP files on a windows server.

Also is godaddy really suitable for vbulletin? I've heard nothing but horror stories about their hosting.

Comment

I've worked with customers that run vBulletin fine on GoDaddy servers, but in my opinion there are better hosts out there...
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Comment

php can be run on any almost any server as long as they have insatlled the relavant php packages, and almost all hosts would have.
                          ai-stockmarketforum vbulletin-faq vbulletin-fans

Comment

Working...
                          X