No announcement yet.

No cgi-files at all right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you really want to make this guy freak, damn...

BY DEFAULT, vBulletin does not need to bee located in your cgi-bin directory, as it is a PHP based script... even if your host have installed PHP as a module, you can install vBulletin in its own directory without any cgi-related action...

this client ask this because he had piracy on his own cgi-based website ... guys, if you can't answer correctly, don't answer at all... this is not a feud here.
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
      BY DEFAULT, vBulletin does not need to bee located in your cgi-bin directory, as it is a PHP based script.
      Not always true. Some hosts do require PHP scripts to be installed in the cgi-bin directory.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I can only say that in my two installations, I have nothing in the cgi-bin directory.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Not always true. Some hosts do require PHP scripts to be installed in the cgi-bin directory.
          BobsDiscountWebHosting.com?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X