No cgi-files at all right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cgi-files at all right?

I was just gonna clear out a ton of old crap on the server, and just wanted to make sure that there are no CGI files in the vB installation?

What do you mean by 'CGI files' exactly? Any script can be a CGI file, depending on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry, are there are cgi files in the vBulletin installation that are put in the cgi-bin on the server?

Comment

As I said this depends on the server. Any script has the potential to be a CGI file. You'll need to be more specific.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Don't know how to be more specific...

Comment

Well then I've answered this the best I can. Any script, including all the vB scripts, can be 'CGI files' depending on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

vbulletin uses php not cgi, end of.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalrz View Post
                vbulletin uses php not cgi, end of.
                Please don't give inaccurate information. As per my previous posts any script can be CGI depending on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

CGI are two things one is Common Gateaway Interface and another CGI known as perl script files. vBulletin is coded in PHP. Don't worry about dealing with cgi-bin folder (i hate it too).
                  Out to Change the world!

Comment

Steve is correct, the extension is not important. You can run PHP with a .cgi file suffix as long as you have

#!/usr/local/bin/php at the top

It depends what version you downloaded from the members area, by default it is .php
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

People vBulletin running as CGI: Less than .001%?

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                        People vBulletin running as CGI: Less than .001%?
                        Unfortunately it's a lot more common than that - roughly 1-5%.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                          Unfortunately it's a lot more common than that - roughly 1-5%.
                          My hoster is running php5 in cgi modus .. is that what you mean ?
                          I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

Yes.

Comment

WOW!

The original poster wanted to know if vbulletin installed files in his cgi folder when he installed his copy of vbulletin.

I just did a fresh install of vbulletin and it didn't installed any files in my cgi folder.
                              Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X