Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.6 Stable Release Date

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3.6 Stable Release Date

    Hi,

    I would like to purchase vBulletin. However i would rather wait for the release of vb 3.6 stable version. Could anyone tell me the estimate period or date until the release?

    Thank you.

  • #2
    No ETA has been released yet, all we know is that it will be ready when it is ready .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sfmy View Post
      Hi,

      I would like to purchase vBulletin. However i would rather wait for the release of vb 3.6 stable version. Could anyone tell me the estimate period or date until the release?

      Thank you.
      Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
      No ETA has been released yet, all we know is that it will be ready when it is ready .
      The BETA has actually been released Cromulent.

      I'm also waiting for the stable release date of 3.6.0!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheKnight View Post
        The BETA has actually been released Cromulent.

        I'm also waiting for the stable release date of 3.6.0!
        I'm well aware of that, but he asked for an ETA for the stable version, which like I said will be ready when it is ready .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sfmy View Post
          Hi,

          I would like to purchase vBulletin. However i would rather wait for the release of vb 3.6 stable version. Could anyone tell me the estimate period or date until the release?

          Thank you.
          As everyone has save above its not possible to estimate when a stable version will be ready, it will be when we deem it stable enough for general release and all of the little things are finished like polishing of the documentation.
          Scott MacVicar

          My Blog | Twitter

          Comment


          • #6
            Scott, maybe you should make a hack to check if 80% of the content of the question has been asked already and redirects you to the post instead of posting it LOL
            I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

            Comment


            • #7
              Hahahah, if anyone makes such a mod, sign me up. Some (heck, most!) of my users are on the daft side and tend to repeat themselves ad nauseam.
              Toddler from Hell

              Comment


              • #8
                Perhaps a general annoucement viewable on all forums.....


                VB 3.6 stable release date



                It will be released when it is ready and not untill then.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by utw-mephisto View Post
                  Scott, maybe you should make a hack to check if 80% of the content of the question has been asked already and redirects you to the post instead of posting it LOL


                  ROFL!!!!

                  I have to say - this version (Beta 3) seems pretty stable.
                  vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                  vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
                  Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes, I have ran 3.6 beta 2 and 3. I have not ran into any big issues. The only ones I have personally seen are the rss convert html to bb, and the rss repeat issue. A solution was provided for the first, and the second is fixed, just need a new release for it to show up.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by I-Web View Post
                      Perhaps a general annoucement viewable on all forums.....


                      VB 3.6 stable release date



                      It will be released when it is ready and not untill then.
                      Oh yeah - nice one
                      I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by utw-mephisto View Post
                        Oh yeah - nice one
                        Sure, this must be, when is the stable version released, answer is not now.If it could be now, then there would be no need to ask, it would be announced. Stop using WHEN? please, it is more important HOW instead of WHEN.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sometimes people don't understand why there is no release date or ETA, many are not even computer literate let alone seasoned webmasters.

                          Scott did the right thing by giving a reasonable explantion _why_ there is no ETA, and why it's not really possible to guess these things.
                          What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            * vote for close *




                            I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              For those who think there are no big issues in beta 2 or 3, there is, subscription permissions do not work properly. If someone is using them and they work fine, please let me know.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X