Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siNix
    replied
    no no , i knew my licence would expire in a week , but vb3.6 was already for download.

A week later it was still downloadble, when my licence got expired for over a week, it dissapears suddenly when beta 2 was released.

Sorry for my englisch, and yea guy`s i understand that i have to pay another time, ( doing it for a few years now )

I only thought it was strange ...

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    siNix,

It was not reasonable to switch to the first beta of a new version of vBulletin right before your download rights were about to end unless you intended to renew for $30 and keep up with the betas.

If you planned on staying with an old version for any length of time without upgrading, it would be much safer to do so with 3.5.4 (which is the latest stable release) than the first beta out the gate.

Maybe you didn't see that your download access was expiring until after you downloaded it?

Leave a comment:

• BrandNIC
    replied
    With the Beta being a unstable version, Why not wait for it to go gold, Pay the 30 measly bucks and enjoy another year of updates.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    As was said above, beta versions are more of a preview than a real version and thus aren't available for download with an expired license.

Leave a comment:

• siNix
    replied
    1 question, why is the beta release now gone in my members panel.

Should be their then if it`s released before my licence expired?

Leave a comment:

• KW802
    replied
    Originally posted by TruthElixirX View Post
    I realize this, but that is not what is usually stated. Beta is a version. I constantly read "all versions". Just suggesting it is made a bit clearer in the future.
    Speaking as a programmer... No, betas are not considered to be a "version" in the traditional sense. When vB 3.6 is released it will most likely be version "3.6.0" and not "3.6.3" or "3.6.4" or whatever number the betas go up to. The betas are just snapshot previews of what will be released in the future as a version. That's the whole point of a "beta" release, to give a preview (whether for testing or review), not a working stable version that is supported.

We (the vB community) are a bit lucky actually that Jelsoft lets us play with the betas so that we can plan accordingly for when the production version is actually released. In short, having access to the betas is a perk that Jelsoft gives to their licensed customers.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by siNix View Post
    indeed, now i have to downgrade because i cant upgrade my vbulletin anymore.

i think a beta version is just like a criticale patch, you have to update it to besure you run a save version.
    No, just the latest stable version. There's a different between patch and a new version.

Leave a comment:

• KimmiKat
    replied
    It probably needs to say "All versions except beta versions are available..." It's like a bus schedule...each person will interprit it differently.

I realize this, but that is not what is usually stated. Beta is a version. I constantly read "all versions". Just suggesting it is made a bit clearer in the future.

Leave a comment:

• siNix
    replied
    indeed, now i have to downgrade because i cant upgrade my vbulletin anymore.

i think a beta version is just like a criticale patch, you have to update it to besure you run a save version.
    Last edited by siNix; Mon 19th Jun '06, 1:01pm.

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    Beta versions don't count
    The beta versions of vBulletin 3 or 3.5 aren't available any more after, since the beta period has ended.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Beta versions don't count
    The beta versions of vBulletin 3 or 3.5 aren't available any more after, since the beta period has ended.

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    You will still have access to all versions that were available during the period you had access.
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    Yes, it does not apply to beta releases.

Not to be a jerk, but you guys might want to makes this slightly more clear.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    That doesn't apply to beta releases does it though?
    Yes, it does not apply to beta releases.

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    You will still have access to all versions that were available during the period you had access.
    That doesn't apply to beta releases does it though?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by siNix View Post
    Hi there,

earlier this week i installed vbulltin 3.6, wich i downloaded in my member area, only strange enough, its gone now?

how can i fix all the critical patches now?
    We do release patches for stable versions, but not Beta versions.

Originally posted by Reece View Post
    I just want to ask, when your licence does run out, can you still download vB?
    Or does it mean to download the older version or current that your running of vB you have to pay $30?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X