Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lofi version

Hi guys & gals,

I'm looking into purchasing the vbulletin software as my new forum, currently running phpbb2.18
    My first question is:

Does vbulletin support a 'lofi' version of itself, as invision board does? I beleive that facility will be very useful to the 15% of my viewers who are dial up.

Cheers
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

Hi

There is the archive (linked at the bottom of every page), which should do what you want.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Note that the Archive does not support posting or interacting with the forum in any way. It is designed almost exclusively for search engines.

I think it need to be on the development workboard that vBulletin 3.6 or a future version ships with a style that is free of JavaScript, Attachments, Avatars, etc. and which works with cell phones/PDAs (WAP 2.0) and for others with similar needs.

Until such a time that this is done, there are some unofficial plugins over at vBulletin.org such as MobileAlabama.
      Last edited by feldon23; Mon 19 Jun '06, 7:21am.

Comment

You could easily make a 'lofi' template of your own, but I'm sure you were aware of that. There is no official template like that that I'm aware of, although I would be very interested in one myself. I tried viewing my forum on my Treo this weekend and was amazed at how difficult it was... I plan to make an extremely minimal template that will work decently well on PDAs.

Comment

Anyone can make a lofi template if they spend enough time. The point is nobody should have to.

Comment

There is actually code for reply / post within the archive its just commented out, I had intended for 3.5 once the datamanagers were out but I didn't have enough time.

I might try for 3.6 again if I have time.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Cool news Scott, thanks!

Comment

Users can choose not to see images, avatars and sigs which is great for those stuck on dialup
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X