Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyfoon1
    replied
    I have read the post http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103150 of Jake Bunce about multiple domains but I did not found the answer there

In the post there is a remark over multiple domains with not the same content. But when you use the same files and database how kan you enter another license number ? Because plugin is used to split forumhome in multiple pages ( what is allowed on one domain) but when I link another domain to the second page (and a third tot page 3) is that allowed ? And what with the branding free license of domain 1 ? In a navbar you can also select the page (domain) you want to view .

Leave a comment:

• tyfoon1
    replied
    through the navbar you can go back to the other forums.

In fact it is going to be one big forum with customised views on each url and links to the other forums in a navbar.
    Last edited by tyfoon1; Sun 18 Jun '06, 8:27am.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Can you go from domain B or C back to the domain A through the navbar?

Or do they appear as 3 different forums? (requires 3 different licenses)

Leave a comment:

• tyfoon1
    started a topic Multiple domain question

Multiple domain question

Hi , I have a question.

I run a forum on domain1. with vbulletin files in path1 and on db1.

Now I want to do the following :

I mod the forumhome to display content1 on the domain1
    And to display content2 on domain2
    and display content3 on domain3

content splitting is done by a plugin
    And to make the question a little bit compicated domain1 has a branding free license.

the code is in the same database, uses the same vbulletin files

But the sites do not have the initial same content but the same database and vbulletin installation , so do I need to buy 3 licenses (3 domains) or may I do this with one license ?
    Last edited by tyfoon1; Sat 17 Jun '06, 2:01pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X