Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does i take to install vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does i take to install vBulletin?

I'm wondering if I purchase a vBulletin for a forum that I am wanting to start roughly about how long does it take to install the software on a shared server hosting via FTP?

My experience level is that I know a little PHP and am fairly comfortable working with the FTP program.

Thanks.

Installation is easy, and shouldn't take more then half an hour.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I use FlashFXP and I have broadband internet. I download the .zip file and follow the online instructions as per our manual (vbulletin.com/docs/html) and upload the files after preparing the config.php file.
      Then I run install.php in the browser and after a few steps it is installed.

What remains is to login to the admin control panel and setup your forum structure and you're good to go.

All in all it takes just a few minutes per action but together around 20 minutes.

Comment

It took me approximately 15 minutes to download, configure, upload and install a fresh installation of vB for my test forum this morning. Albeit I've done this before, but I don't think my initial go when I first installed the software (and thus was completely clueless about it) took more than 45 min - 1 hour, as I was reading through documentation pretty thoroughly as I went.

So the story seems to be the same from everyone that has replied here: it's not an onorous task -- in fact, far smoother and easier than many other systems. If you come from a position of absolute ignorance of vB, you should still have no problem setting up a new board in a single afternoon.

Comment

It sounds more complicated that it is. vB is a breeze to set up and install. Don't forget though that you will need to have created a MySQL database beforehand which you will need the dB name, username, and user password for vB to connect to. These details are entered in the config file eldued to above.
          John

Comment

Not too hard. Dont need too much knowledge as well

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X