This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice idea.
    but everything depend on how jelsoft company looking at this.

Comment

Originally posted by evofile View Post
      nice idea.
      but everything depend on how jelsoft company looking at this.
      Agreed... and the fact that they even offer the leased license shows that they feel that it is a good thing.... Some may disagree as I do. Of course being that this is Vbulletin's official site no one of course will have anything negative to say regarding the product (God Forbid! ) And software wise I have nothing negative to say other than being out $ from buying a leased license.

Comment

Lets wait to answer from one of the administrators and will see.

Comment

Lets wait to answer from one of the administrators and will see.

Well I already recieved an email from vbulletin about this, I was just posting my thoughts here.

Comment

So we should just drop leased licenses all together and only offer the owned license at 160?

Comment

Originally posted by coffeefix View Post
              Agreed... and the fact that they even offer the leased license shows that they feel that it is a good thing.... Some may disagree as I do. Of course being that this is Vbulletin's official site no one of course will have anything negative to say regarding the product (God Forbid! ) And software wise I have nothing negative to say other than being out $ from buying a leased license.
              It could just be -god forbid!- that we're happy with our purchases...or if your heart can handle a greater shock, that we find it might be worth saving and scraping together pennies until we can afford it...you don't speak for everyone that doesn't have the money for the product either...so take care your high horse is a sturdy one...

No other software out there can hold a candle to VBulletin in terms of client base and customer support....and its for 1 reason....as hard as the VB Devs work to make this product what it is....the people who use the software are die-hards for the product (coding add-ons, making skins and helping each other out)....and that says more than 1 naysayer can scream from any soapbox....

....I know I know....don't feed the trolls.

Comment

I believe this may be the 2-3 complaint in the 4 years I've been around about leased licenses.

Comment

i think vb shoud offer different prices for diffent countries,and different languages.
                  Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  Last edited by Zachery; Sun 4 Jun '06, 6:28pm.

Comment

Yeah, they surface every now and then. That is, I guess if we were to believe the coffeefix, there could be heaps of disgruntled leasers out there blowing off steam elsewhere, whereas only a brave few show up here.
                    Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by yisou View Post
                      i think vb shoud offer different prices for diffent countries,and different languages.

Comment

Originally posted by yisou View Post

Last edited by Fusion; Sun 4 Jun '06, 6:35pm.
                        Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          So we should just drop leased licenses all together and only offer the owned license at 160?

Sure why not?

....I know I know....don't feed the trolls.
                          Get over yourself will ya? It's just an opinion. Like I also said in an earlier post I'll probably end up getting an owned license anyway. Once again it is just an opinion........... or is that not allowed on a public forum?

Comment

Many businesses will lease tons of things, its a write off. A company could lease a vBulletin license for 10 years, it costs them 850 US, thats a sizeable writeoff. Many people will treat this the same way, if they really want to keep using it, they will either renew their lease or go owned. Lots of people switch to an owned license inside of a month, for tons of differnt reasons.

Comment

Opinions are allowed...sure...but the fine print is well thought out and factual...not supposition cause you want a few dollars back in your pocket....and btw, your post reads more like a vendetta or a flame than an opinion to me....which is why I called you a troll

If your neither, than I apologize...but I call them how I see them.

Comment

I just want to make one thing clear... I am not trying to bash VB nor upset anyone. This is just my opinion. There is no need for the "troll" comments", "high horse" and the like. After all this is a forum is it not? I appreciate the feedback from Zachary and the rest of the folks who saw fit to not resort to name calling. Like I said, probably gonna renew anyway, just posting my thoughts, and yes I did know what I signed up for when I got the leased license.I apologize if it seemed like a vendetta, and of course I don't expect any money back, was never my intention. lol.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X