Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin ought to get rid of the leased license

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by coffeefix View Post
    On another note I Will be getting an owned license tomorrow btw.
    Congrats!
    If you're planning on using 3.5.4 and upgrading once 3.6.0 goes stable you should try not to edit the files or templates too much.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by coffeefix View Post
      On another note I Will be getting an owned license tomorrow btw.
      Welcome to the fold, my child.
      Toddler from Hell

      Comment


      • i am happy to see the 60 day option there and maybe a fullyear is a tad greedy what about somewhere between 4 to 6 months ?

        i am trying to save for a licence as it seems i won't be able to get my old one back anytime soon

        vB is a great product and if i could earn more than 700.00/mo ide already have an owned licence (again)

        Comment


        • If you already had an owned license you can upgrade for $30 back to full support (every year).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
            i am happy to see the 60 day option there and maybe a fullyear is a tad greedy what about somewhere between 4 to 6 months ?

            i am trying to save for a licence as it seems i won't be able to get my old one back anytime soon

            vB is a great product and if i could earn more than 700.00/mo ide already have an owned licence (again)
            Mike since you have an owned license all you need to do is renew it.. ? I'm confused.

            Comment


            • Me too, unless he sold it off...

              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Mike since you have an owned license all you need to do is renew it.. ? I'm confused.
              Kim

              Comment


              • Originally posted by harmor View Post
                If you're planning on using 3.5.4 and upgrading once 3.6.0 goes stable you should try not to edit the files or templates too much.
                Shouldn't need to edit PHP files at all in vB3.5 or vB3.6.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  Mike since you have an owned license all you need to do is renew it.. ? I'm confused.

                  as kimmi guessed i transfered it to someone and they might never use it and i can't get in contact with him ATM to have it re-transfered to me.

                  Comment


                  • I think it would be nice if say after paying three years of lease fees that your license converts to an Owned. Then your getting your $250 for the software as one of the staff mentioned and you reward the loyalty.

                    Comment


                    • i am happy to see the 60 too as i did suggest it earlier in this big thread
                      Cricket Talk
                      All Your Aussie + World Cricket Talk

                      Comment


                      • Wow, for a professional upgrade, that cost a lot of money! - could some one complain against that?? :P j/k (as I need to get an upgrade soon :P)

                        It's nice to see the 30 to 60 day change. And it's nice of vB staff to do that.
                        Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

                        Comment


                        • Okay, so let me see if I understand this.

                          After reading all this, I feel that an owned license is the way to go.

                          I purchased a leased license on May 17th, and if I understand correctly I have until July 17 to pay the extra $80 or whatever it is to upgrade to an owned license.

                          Then, after July 17, 2007, I'll need to pay $30 a year for upgrades, should I so choose.

                          Am I right?

                          Comment


                          • You'll need to contact us about that I'm not sure if the policy change is retro active.

                            If you upgrade to the owned license, its only an additional 30/yr for access to new versions.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dan1088352 View Post
                              damn, I make that and then some is 3 days, and I have a low paying job woking 6hrs a day at a fast food joint
                              I've been talking about average salary, not my as programmers usually earn much more than police, firemen, etc. :-)

                              Comment


                              • $250 dollars is not much of a raise from 160 dollars. However no one would want to pay more.

                                People will complain until they find out they will get no where in small cases like this. Always happens .

                                However, if they did raise the price, people that have a license would be safe i presume. So basically, get shopping

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X