This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    So if we *ever* increase prices we lose you as a customer? Even though with inflation the real cost of vB is less that it was in 2002? We aren't allowed to even keep up with inflation?

Do you tell this to everyone you purchase from? Have you stopped buying gas.
    Steve, there is something known as the price-elasticity theory and according to it, raising prices is a bad thing when it comes to non-essential goods.

Comment

• This conversation is really interesting. Instead of focussing on the real issue at hand, you people continue to talk about "you compare vB to cars", "you compare it to gas", "all those comparisons are so silly". Do you have nothing else to talk about or why do you have to focus on minor points this badly?
      No one here compared vB itself to cars or anything. How stupid would that be? The comparisons were made to talk about an analogy in a different industry and how this might apply to vB, and all these points were perfectly legit
      You should just stop talking altogether if you can just rant about a tangent that's totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

Comment

• Yeah but on the other hand, leased is good for people new to/trying out the software

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          I doubt that 250 USD price tag would scare off the general majority of the customers honestly.
          only those who live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a price like that
          Peggy
          ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• How about comparing it to TVs? The price of most Teles has kept the same or gotten cheaper, so Jelsoft isn't the only thing that's keeping the price the same. Some things go up, some stay the same and some drop, especially electronic items.

Originally posted by Icheb View Post
            This conversation is really interesting. Instead of focussing on the real issue at hand, you people continue to talk about "you compare vB to cars", "you compare it to gas", "all those comparisons are so silly". Do you have nothing else to talk about or why do you have to focus on minor points this badly?
            No one here compared vB itself to cars or anything. How stupid would that be? The comparisons were made to talk about an analogy in a different industry and how this might apply to vB, and all these points were perfectly legit
            You should just stop talking altogether if you can just rant about a tangent that's totally unrelated to the topic at hand.
            Kim

Comment

• Originally posted by Icheb View Post
              This conversation is really interesting. Instead of focussing on the real issue at hand, you people continue to talk about "you compare vB to cars", "you compare it to gas", "all those comparisons are so silly". Do you have nothing else to talk about or why do you have to focus on minor points this badly?
              we know, or at least I do, what the comparisons were and are, thank you. And if you don't mind too awfully much, I will continue to post in this thread.
              Last edited by Ohiosweetheart; Fri 9 Jun '06, 2:13pm.
              Peggy
              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
                we know, or at least I do, what the comparisons were and are thank you.
                Apparently not, otherwise people would stop ranting about how bad and inappropriate they were.

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
                It's not nice to tell people what they can and can't post.
                Where did I forbid you from posting anything? I made a _suggestion_ to stop posting in this thread if the post only contains rants about things unrelated to the topic at hand.

Now, please, let's get back to the topic. I'm not saying you aren't allowed to post something else, it is just a suggestion.

Comment

only those who live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a price like that
                  Not that we don't think about you, but lots of our customers are coperations and really for the support updates and features 160 is very cheap.

Comment

Gas goes up a few cents here and there.
                    A few cents! Wow - I want to buy gas whereever you are getting yours from:

2000 -
                    vBulletin Owned license - $160
                    Gas - $0.95/gallon

2006 -
                    vBulletin Owned license - $160
                    Gas - $3.10/gallon

Sorry if the point I was making wasn't understood. We have not incrreased prices even when we have been hit with inflation, higher costs, and competitiors raising their prices. I personally do not know of very many companies that have done anything similar. I would have thought our record speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
                    Steve, there is something known as the price-elasticity theory and according to it, raising prices is a bad thing when it comes to non-essential goods.
                    That's good to know. That means that every company producing 'non-essential' goods that has raised prices over the last 10 years has seen a drop in sales, and that only companies holding prices or dropping them can increase business. I must have missed that day in Economics class while getting my BSBA. I would have thought Supply-and-Demand would factor into this somehow.

Note: While this is all mildly intersting I'm not going to participate in this thread any more. Clearly some people are going to go out of their way to make assumptions regardless of what I say. Have fun!
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• my issue with the price as reasonable as it is. for the working poor like myself its hard to come up with the cash for this for a hobby website witch if it wasnt hosted for free i would have to abandon.

i know some places sell things cheaper to indivudials and more expensive to companies as companies have an easier time to afford those sort of tings.

stores give discounts to senior citisens and they have affordable housing for the disabled like myself where you pay according to income

its just too bad vB cant take a simular pricing model where you just need to prove your senior or disabled status to get a discount witch most stores do eather 5% or 10%

(yea i know more analogies but i think these are more fair)
                      (i could shoot myself for transfering my licence to a friend who may never use it )

Comment

• Sorry if this has already been said, but if they allow you to run a leased license forever, what advantage would it be over an owned?
                        http://lostgurus.com - Your 1 stop lost spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adyum View Post
                          Sorry if this has already been said, but if they allow you to run a leased license forever, what advantage would it be over an owned?

none unless you were not allowed to get ANY support or upgrades including security ones till you get the licence renued or upgraded to owned.

Comment

• For the time these techs put in, the level of support offered, the ease-of-use of the software, the "won't stop 'til we fix your problems" attitude, this software could cost double what it does and I'd still pay for it.

Let's be honest here, folks. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but if you can't afford a $160 one-time piece of software that lasts a year, perhaps you should re-examine your finances.

Comment

• Originally posted by tacticalnuke View Post
                              For the time these techs put in, the level of support offered, the ease-of-use of the software, the "won't stop 'til we fix your problems" attitude, this software could cost double what it does and I'd still pay for it.

Let's be honest here, folks. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but if you can't afford a $160 one-time piece of software that lasts a year, perhaps you should re-examine your finances.

Some of has kids some even more than 1 kid, The only reason i have an VB is becuz i bought it with my income tax money. Not that i couldnt afford one before But our families come first. then our hobbies is 2nd..
                              Im all for raising the price( if it happens) but the 250.00 is to much i can see like 180.00

Comment

• If we followed the price of gas vBulletin would cost about $501.66 today.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X