Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Question

This question is a comparison to IPB..

Say I have a database on the board. I have another forum, with the exact same setup, but it would be a second database. Can I do a SQL backup, then load the second database onto the vBulletin board? It would only add new users, posts, threads, etc. Pretty much the same setup. Is this possible?

You can merge two boards on the server via IMPEX. These can either be from two different databases, or one database where different table prefixes occur
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by peterska2 View Post
      You can merge two boards on the server via IMPEX. These can either be from two different databases, or one database where different table prefixes occur
      Thanks.

Is it possible to do more than two, and if so, what's the max?

Comment

You can do as many as you want as long as your server can handle it. You can only do it one at a time though.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

So, I can upload 1000 databases(random number), but it would take some time, doing conversions/uploads, I would have to make sure it doesn't go over filesize, and I would have to do some work? (EX. Usergroups, titles, ranks, forum setup, staff, etc.)

Comment

Yep; after each conversion you may have to do some clean-up work to redo some settings, make sure things work properly, etc. Depends on how in-depth you go with the settings, you can usually finish things up within 15-20 minutes to get the basics done (more or less) after you successfully transfered the forum data.

Comment

Thanks, and finally: It'll end up as one database, os if I wish to tranfer to another board host (highly unlikely), I can do so, with all the data?

Comment

ImpEx basically merges and converts the information it imports to the database, so yes it becomes just one database. After you successfully tansferred your forum data, you can delete the other forum since you no longer need it (though it's always a good idea to keep a back-up just in case).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X