Postgres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgres

I know that MySQL is the favorite, but I was testing postgres and the website started taking off (and the members demanded vBulletin) my question is:

Is there a converter that will allow a postgresql phpbb2 database to be converted to vBulletin? I hope so!!

vBulletin only supports MySQL right now, and according to this page the impex script only supports MySQL/MSSQL for phpBB imports: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb2

Comment

ok, that's what I gathered, I was hoping there was a postgres to mysql converter though that's ok. My users voted in a poll. 97% said they'd rather reregister on a vBulletin site than stay on the phpBB one which is highly modified to include vB like features

Comment

Sounds like you have a nice community. I will poke the impex developer and see if he has any comments that could help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          Sounds like you have a nice community. I will poke the impex developer and see if he has any comments that could help you.
          I think it's just that VB is so much better and more widely accepted by novice-advanced users. Many of my members are in their late 40s, and have had some issues getting used to phpBB, but they use vB without a hitch.

Comment

Yeah, vB is made with easy-use in mind, feature rich, but almost everything is optional and customizable. So .. from beginner to experienced internet user can easily get familiarized with the system

Comment

This article might interest you:
              Bringing MySQL compatibility to Postgres

You may also be able to export your Postgres table data in a CSV format and use mysqlimport to import it into a MySQL based phpBB database.
              http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqlimport.html

After that, Impex can import the data structures into the vBulletin database.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi, if you can get me the SQL dump from postgresql, a pg_dump.

Then I can restore that and use it to add the postgresql ability for the phpBB importer.

PM me if you can.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X