Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning To Buy: But Let Me Know This First!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning To Buy: But Let Me Know This First!

...sorry guys.. this first post and questions of mine...actually i'm planning to buy a board as soon as possible...my question is...is it included to the board feature to have or swf streaming file to be played...is it possible to be set that at acp???

thanks guys for the reply...

good day and best rergards to all...

This is not a built-in feature. Where do you want this to play exactly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't think there is an option in the admincp that would allow or restrict this feature, I think the only thing you might have to do is to allow html in the posts so that you can embed the swf code.

However, I remember seeing couple of hacks over at vbulletin.org that allowed the inline streaming of media in posts, flash might have been included as well.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        This is not a built-in feature. Where do you want this to play exactly?
        actually i have experienced it at one of the community forum under IPB License.....they have on forum titled Streamcast Music...once you're inside it...you can choose any other song title/thread...and just one click... and it wiil drop you inside that thread with the music played automatically...

Originally posted by sss View Post
        I don't think there is an option in the admincp that would allow or restrict this feature, I think the only thing you might have to do is to allow html in the posts so that you can embed the swf code.

However, I remember seeing couple of hacks over at vbulletin.org that allowed the inline streaming of media in posts, flash might have been included as well.

good luck
        i don't think so also that this feature can set at ACP...IPB settings...can set this at system settings...under Security & Privacy....Allow flash movies in posts and avatars?
        Flash has a built in scripting language which may or may not compromise security...

i guess there's no other way...

Comment

If I understand you correctly you would need to enable HTML in posts to do this. That is a major security risk.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If I understand you correctly you would need to enable HTML in posts to do this. That is a major security risk.
            as far as i know...i did ask also one of the Admin on that forum...they did not enable the HTML...on this matter...as i said...they did allow only the using of flash movies in posts and avatars? under ACP / Security & Privacy....HTML option are still closed...actually that's an option it looks like this...

Security (Low)

Allow flash movies in posts and avatars?
            Flash has a built in scripting language which may or may not compromise security

Yes or No

Comment

That is a security risk.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BrAd3r™ View Post
                as far as i know...i did ask also one of the Admin on that forum...they did not enable the HTML...on this matter...as i said...they did allow only the using of flash movies in posts and avatars? under ACP / Security & Privacy....HTML option are still closed...actually that's an option it looks like this...

Security (Low)

Allow flash movies in posts and avatars?
                Flash has a built in scripting language which may or may not compromise security

Yes or No

That is a security risk.
                That, as Steve has pointed out is an extremely large security risk and not one that anyone should even consider, unless it was a closed community where all individuals were 100% trusted – say if you ran a community for your family that lives all around the world. Otherwise if you would intend on using it for the general public, strangers who may have dangerous intentions to your server then I would stay away from it.
                Last edited by Week; Wed 31 May '06, 2:19pm.

Comment

on that forum...actually it's not a closed community...in fact it's an international normal community forum... with 17,164 registered members... and 559,450 posts....and as far as i know...they did'nt encounter such security risk things at all...and that forum category are HOT Forum and a lot of members are enjoying at all...actually...you have to convert any mp3...into swf file converter...upload it into free hosting website...and post it by doing like this...

Code:

[flash=1,1]http://files.photojerk.com/centerwinger/buhosnabasa.SWF[/flash]

tsk! tsk! tsk!...any way...i guess this kind of board setting here are no way...i just wonder why....actually its depend to the board owner or to us... if they/we will take this or any security risk...by doing this kind of settings...and nothing to blame but theirselves/ourselves...

Comment

There is a modification community at www.vbulletin.org for board owners who want more than the default settings. There are literally hundreds of addons there including some that do what you want.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      There is a modification community at www.vbulletin.org for board owners who want more than the default settings. There are literally hundreds of addons there including some that do what you want.
                      http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...9&goto=newpost

But once again, even they say they never had security problems, it is since bbcodes are ALWAYS based on HTML code ...
                      I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X