License Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Agreement

Ok there is one thing I am unclear of at the moment. I have release several addons for vBulletin on dot org. And also undertaken quite alot of commisioned work and am currently selling a commercial P3tz addon (virtual pets for vBulletin).

My query is this:
    I have an owned license. I also have branding free and I wish to make quite alot of changes to the vbulletin core so it is no longer just a forum system.
    If I change alot of the product (say 80%) under software licensing laws and the license you have written am I allowed to remove the call back things. I understand that I am not elegible (and haven't been) for support on dot com since I use alot of my own addons but this is a licensing question.
    As I understand it I am permitted to change the source code I possess as much as I see fit under the condition I never release the original vBulletin source code.

I'd appreciate a crystal clear response.
    www.p3tz.com
    Virtual Pets

You are allowed to modify vBulletin to your hearts content. As long as the code is never distributed or reused in any other third party programs.
    Last edited by Zachery; Sat 27 May '06, 1:07pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      You are allowed to modify vBulletin to your hearts conttent. As long as the code is never distrabuted or reused in any other third party programs.
      I assume that you mean yes And that the typos (content, distributed) don't alter your answer
      www.p3tz.com
      Virtual Pets

Comment

Fixed my horrid spelling. But yes the license agreement does state you are free to do modify the code as long as you understand you cannot re-release it in anyway. (AFAIK)

Comment

You are free to remove the callback if you want, just remember to check the forums and vbulletin.com for release details.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X