Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting from Discus 4 - should it be MySql or text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from Discus 4 - should it be MySql or text?

Hi,

I have a discus 4.00.7 board currently storing data in flat file, text format.

It is breaking a lot...

But if I convert it to mySql (to make it break less), can I still upgrade to vBulletin later on, or will I need to convert it back?

If anyone has experience, tips etc on converting Discus to vBulletin with the latest version of Impex, I would love to hear them. I've followed the link to the manual, and I expect things'll be clearer once I have VB installed, but I would love some step-by-step instructions.

thanks for any help!
    Hilary

The only importer we have for Discuss is the file based one, so you would need to convert back.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, that's very helpful.

I'd still really welcome any thoughts on the import to Discus. For instance, I read in an old thread that the importer didn't support sub-forums. Is that still the case? Do I need to move messages to a top-level forum to get them imported?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X