Login System Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login System Question

Hey, we have a community website with certain functions on the main page such as article posting, website content management, and other custom functions. Right now we actually have custom forums running on our website that we would like to replace with vBulletin. We have no problem with requireing users to reregister after switching to vBulletin, though the question I had is if and how I could make our actually community website login the same as vBulletin's login without taking them to the vBulletin website. Basically what I mean by that is I would like the community website and forum (both are on the same domain) to run seperately, though share the same user database so that when someone logs in to either the forum or the community website - they are logged into both.

Thanks!

There's no function to do this, but it's possible with some custom coding.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Oh, do you know the complexity of creating that custom coding? I know I have seen other websites that have done this, I searched the forums for other threads on this and didn't find any good results. Do you know any pointers on where I should even start?

Comment

you will find it at www.vbulletin.org Its already made however i dont know if its exactly how you want it to work.

Comment

It shouldn't be too hard, but it really depends on how exactly you implement it.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X