X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Expiry

Hi folks,

I have a quick question with regards to a License Issue:

I run an offtopic forum (www.spieleplanet.ch) and my license expires in a few weeks.
    Now it's like this: a community member own a vbulletin license (owned, no time constraint) and would "take over" the page and continue to run the board using his license.

As far as I read the License agreement, that should be all right, as it's actually not a sale of the license, but rather a sale (at zero price, though) of the webpage and he would apply his vbulletin license onto the running forum.

Essentially, the procedure allows us to avoid re-installing and re-hacking the whole board, which would be a real hassle...

Is this in line with the license?

best regards,

Roberto

As long as you have a valid license associated with that URL then that should be fine.
    Be aware though, that you're only allowed to use the version that was last available when his license expired.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Hi Colin,

thanks for your reply. This essentially would imply the new owner would buy the right to update for about 30 dollars per year, am I right?

Cheers, Roberto

Comment

Yes, that would most likely be required to use the latest version.

If you want a more exact answer, please start a support ticket at: http:/www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport and provide both license numbers.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X