Switching from SMF and TinyPortal to VBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from SMF and TinyPortal to VBulletin

I currently have a website, www.theofficeforum.net which is dedicated to The Office tv show. I like the SMF software but I think vbulletin may offer more features. Which uses less resources on a box? Also, I see the main www.vbulletin.com website has almost like a TinyPortal/Phpnuke type atmosphere with a menu and a "featured forum" type section which lists the latest forums. I was wondering if vbulletin is just a board or does it have extra features such as articles and "blocks" that are commonly used in CMS.

One last issue which has been aggrivating to me a little. I should have gone to vbulletin at first but the cost was and is pretty steep. Anywho, I have been reading and it seems that one major issue with converting from SMF to vbulletin is the passwords. The users have to change them before using hte board which I don't know if that can be considered a huge inconvenience or not. Are there any other issues with converting from SMF to vbulletin? If there are then I might as well not convert but I wanted to hopefully get the new vbulletin up before the 3rd season and get any kinks worked out. Your support would be appreciated..Thanks!
    Classic Film Fanatics
    http://www.classicfilmfanatics.com
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X