Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYSQL Space for vbulletin

Hi, i am a newbie in webmastering.

I wanted to set up a forum using vbulletin. i read through the forum and found out that i really need a large space in MYSQL dataspace for vbulletin.

Currently, the webhost i am going to sign up told me that they have MYSQL space of up to 2GB. I wonder if it is enough. But then again, another staff told me that i can adjust the space in MYSQL up to the whole disk space i am given which is 20 Gig. ( confuse now)

Does MYSQL database irrelevant to the disk space given to me? So even i have a huge disk space in my server, if MYSQL is only a tiny 2GB, the database of my forum will be locked in this tiny 2GB.

Is there any webhost out there that offer unlimted MYSQL dataspace? Is it that all forum program other than vbulletin are limited to MYSQL dataspace?

Tony
    Last edited by tonynlek; Thu 11 May '06, 9:29pm.

After 5 years of running vB, my forum has about 140k posts and the db is about 140MB. I think 2Gb will last a while.

And I would avoid any host that claims to offer unlimited MySQL space. There's no such thing and they would be lying to you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I see, Thanks for the advice.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X