No announcement yet.

Challenge to switch to vBulletin Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge to switch to vBulletin Forum?

Hi..I'm not technical oriented & know nothing about programming or scripts writing - that's why I'm here typing "crying" for help... - okay.. this is my issue -

I co-own www.itulip.com that currently is equipped with SiteNet BBS Forum, and we want to switch it to vBulletin - at the same time when we switch our hosting server (as our current hosting company does not support SSH access.)

The itulip.com forum has 118 registered users, 403 messages, 55 topics & 348 replies and counting...(I show these numbers just to give you some idea of how much data need to be transferred if we switched to vBulletin..)
    iTulip.com is a commercial site with heavy traffic & is growing, and so I need to know if vBulltin can help transferring/importing all our existing datafiles (e.g., registered users names, passwords, posts, threads, messages...etc.) from SiteNet BBS to vBulletin & automatically covert to an vBulletin database in mysql, replicates the forum (using the default vbulletin style)?

Or what do I need to do in order to complete the transferring with no interruption? Thnx!!

There is an import script for: sitenetbbs 2.0.3

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_tier_2
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Awesome Steve...will investigate Impex tier 2 further and hope it'd work for us so that we can switch it to vBulltin. Will need your assistance if we may have further question befoure we purchase VB.
      (b.t.w. just a f.y.i. - I asked your sales yesterday over the phone that if VB' Impex supports sitenbe bb, and he told me "NO"! - am glad he is wrong....;o)

Comment

The importers are updated on a regular basis and as you can see from the large amount the agent most likely never knew of its existence.

We provide full support for imports so if you have a problem someone can help you along the way.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X