Licence Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence Question

Okay, I know this may sound stupid but I have a little licence question.

Basically, my company is going to try to make the fora bi-lingual (English and French) and we were wondering if we could do this with just one vBulletin licence. Basically, the vBulletin will be on the same domain. It's one installation and the post counts and member data match up.

As a administrator, you are allowed to choose what you wish for your forum.

Comment

You can install multiple styles and multiple languages into one license of vBulletin and allow users to switch. Absolutely.

Comment

Yeah but the thing is that I want to be able to have it so when the users switch languages, they see the fora for that language and the other language's fora do not show.

BTW, feldon, I also recommend that people avoid 1&1 hosting as well as their domains and other services (got burned by 1&1 domains).

Comment

When a user picks a different language, all the buttons and built-in vBulletin text will change.

If you are talking about hiding and showing different forums depending on the language, that's still allowed but you'll have to write some template conditionals.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that in another file (i.e. forums_fr.php and fora_en.php )

Comment

Massive overkill to try to rewrite vBulletin for this purpose. Use a template conditional.

Comment

I know, but GREAT for SEO

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X