Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run Vbulletin on this Web Hosting Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RumpleTumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23
    Don't you already have a thread about this here?
    Yes, the originial subject of that thread kind of went off in this direction.

I really didn't get an answer there so I was trying one more time with a different subject line. Sorry to have offended you.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Don't you already have a thread about this here?

Leave a comment:

• RumpleTumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    That account offers PHP and MySQL, so vBulletin should work.
    I realize that technically it should work. Here is more my dilemma:

I read good reviews of ************. I read bad reviews of ************.

I read forum comments that are good about ************. I read forum comments that are bad about ************.

I'm unable to find a single site that isn't skewed in some way. I read sites that talk about how honest and straightforward their opinions are and then they say "Oh by the way I do get a commission if you use the links on this page to order hosting" etc. Maybe they aren't biased....who knows....but it seems that every site to do with hosting is, in one way or another.

More and more I get the feeling that I'm going to just have to blow some money and learn the hard way. If good hosts are a secret could somone pm me with the name of one? By the same token if ************ is a bad host could someone pm me?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    That account offers PHP and MySQL, so vBulletin should work.

Leave a comment:

• RumpleTumbler
    started a topic Can I run Vbulletin on this Web Hosting Plan?

Can I run Vbulletin on this Web Hosting Plan?

I signed up with ************ on their bottom of the line plan and then realized it didn't have MySQL support. I was pondering changing web hosts or upgrading to this one.

Is it realistic to think that I might be able to grow to 30-50 users online at once with 50-100 posts per day with this plan?

If not, what do I need to buy?

Can someone recommend a good web host if ************ doesn't fit that bill? I hear mixed reviews on them and I'd rather get out now if I need to do so.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X