Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing fields from other databases

Hi guys
    Thinking about purchasing the board and just wanted to ask two questions. I am a relative novice to web design so i will try to explain what i am after to the best of my ability. I plan to create a website where members are registered onto a database. Is it possible to copy users from my database into this forum database without the user having to register again for the forum. Also is it possible to set one of the custom fields (eg location, posts, which are displayed on the threads) to a field/variable from a seperate database on the webserver, so that data from other parts of my website can be seen as fields when a user is posting.
    Thanks

It's possible but you would need to write your own script to do this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Very possible, as Steve Said, you would have to create your own script, or if your lucky you might find one around.

Comment

Thanks guys, would you say the scrpiting would be difficult as i more familiar with java and c# than php?

Comment

I'm not a programmer but PHP looks pretty straight-forward to me.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X