viewing only replies to your posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewing only replies to your posts

With this new version of vb (3.5) is it possible to see a list of new messages that are replies to my posts?

My first online community was exec-pc bbs. It had a really nice feature when you logged on. It would show you all the posts that were replies to messages you sent. I've not seen this since. Not on my Yahoo groups and not on any of the online forums to which I belong.

BTW is there no spell checker? The other vb forum I belong to has one.

1. Not secifically. Although you can view new replies to any threads you are subscribed to in the User CP.

2. There is no integrated spell-checker but there is integration with IESpell, a spell checking client for Windows IE.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, vBulletin has this feature too. You can subscribe to a thread when you make one or reply to an existing one. Then when you come back you can go to the usercp and it will list replies to those subscribe threads. - And with a click you can get a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        1. Not secifically. Although you can view new replies to any threads you are subscribed to in the User CP.
        Darn. Well, it would have been a pleasant surprise if it did.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        2. There is no integrated spell-checker but there is integration with IESpell, a spell checking client for Windows IE.
        So, each of my members needs to be instructed to install this http://www.iespell.com/ free program on their computer to use it?

Any idea how the other vb forum I belong to provides it seemlessly?

Comment

You'll have to ask the admin of that site.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            Yes, vBulletin has this feature too. You can subscribe to a thread when you make one or reply to an existing one. Then when you come back you can go to the usercp and it will list replies to those subscribe threads. - And with a click you can get a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.
            Thanks for the reply Floris but that shows all replies to the thread not just specific replies to my posts. The feature I ask for is nice if my time is limited and I want to make sure to acknowledge anyone kind enough to answer a question I ask.

Comment

Working...
            X