Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJDarknez
    replied
    I've never heard of that particular hosting company, but that doesn't mean much. There are thousands out there that lots of people haven't heard of.

I will say this though: the rep who told you that you don't need a database to run vBulletin obviously has no idea what he's talking about. I would take that as a sign to RUN FOR IT!

I use ontimehosting.com, they're pretty decent so far. Have 3 sites through them.

Leave a comment:

• harishankar
    replied
    I use this host: http://www.299host.net/hosting.htm

He provides good email support and it appears to be a fairly fast connection. I have had only minor downtimes very rarely, but then really my forum doesn't get too much traffic so I cannot judge how it would suit your needs.

Leave a comment:

• RumpleTumbler
    replied
    At this point I'm seriously considering switching to HostGator. However, their TOS states that you can't use more than 25% of the CPU for more than 90 seconds or you get canned. Anyone khow big or small a VB site would have to be in order to violate that? HostGator says 50-60 users would be no problem and would not.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    Originally posted by RumpleTumbler
    I'm really grasping at straws I know....everyones chanting "leave, leave!"
    In the several years being hosted by several different companies I have jumped ship rather than be dragged down with a host. I'm not willing to wait it out for a host to get their act together unless there are some hardware issues that they let me know about and keep me informed of their progress. Things do happen but I spend too many hours managing and reading my board to worry about some host.

Leave a comment:

• RumpleTumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by Chazz Layne
    I have had and hated it, same with a couple of my clients. This was not for anything as intense as vB either, just a small php/MySQL site with low traffic. Horrible performance and stability... I cancelled after a few months and moved on.
    Was this recently? In other words, could they have had a chance to improve?

I'm really grasping at straws I know....everyones chanting "leave, leave!"

I just don't want to leave and go on to a bigger mistake. Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• Chazz Layne
    replied
    Originally posted by RumpleTumbler
    So does anyone here actually have ************ and like it?
    I have had and hated it, same with a couple of my clients. This was not for anything as intense as vB either, just a small php/MySQL site with low traffic. Horrible performance and stability... I cancelled after a few months and moved on.

I've either had my own accounts, or smaller client accounts, over at Liquid Web for several years now using their smaller shared accounts with no issues. The past year has been great since I moved everything there, but I do have a dedicated box with them now...

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Austin
    Yeah, their prolly rippin you off.
    An accusation based on an assumption.

Leave a comment:

• RattleSnake
    replied
    Yeah, their prolly rippin you off.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    You could try posting and reading over at WHT: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php

Leave a comment:

• RumpleTumbler
    replied
    So does anyone here actually have ************ and like it?

Anyone know of an unbiased review site? It's really worthless to read many of the reviews as some seem scripted. They are polar opposites and about equal in number. Anyone have a recommendation on a good host that works well with Vbulletin?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    These days almost any shared hosting solution comes with PHP and MySQL. These two are required for vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    I get suspicous about reviews too. They can be fake.
    I usually base my decision on how quick they respond to sales questions.

Leave a comment:

• RumpleTumbler
    replied
    There are quite a few good reviews of ************ out there as well. I may upgrade and stick it out to see if it works or not. Nothing teachs like experience, eh?

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    400 Gigabytes Data Transfer for $6.95/month.
    I guess I'm just suspicous by nature.

Leave a comment:

• RumpleTumbler
    replied
    WebHostingUnleashed has a cheap one rated really highly.

http://www.webhostingunleashed.com/r...es-reviews.htm

They charge extra for a dedicated IP but everything else looks ok and I may can do without the IP though I'd like to have it.

Leave a comment: