Module or Setting to Charge for Each Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Module or Setting to Charge for Each Post

Hi, we'd like to run vbulletin or other forum type software like a classified ad site and charge a fee for each posting. this is being done with Vbulletin at http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/ currently, but I'm not sure how. Does anyone know if it is possible without extra modules or custom programming?

I am not talking about subscriptions for users to view the postings, that would be free.

Thanks,
    Steve

This is quite heavily requested and it wouldn't surprise me to see it released in later versions of vBulletin. There is currently no option for this, nor is there a hack for this that has been released publically.

Keep an eye out on vBulletin.Org to see if the hack gets released or you may have to pay someone to code it for you, something Sitepoint will of done.

Using current built in features on vBulletin the only way you could achieve this is to used the 'Paid Subscriptions' to make people pay for the right to post for a day, and pre-moderate all their posts to make sure they don't post more than one. Which isn't that efficient

Comment

You could make a default usergroup with only thread viewing permissions. and a usergroup with permission to make new threads. Users can get into this usergroup through paid subscriptions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X