License related question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License related question

Can I remove the 'Powered by vBulletin' copyright text?

No - All copyright messages (both in the software code and templates) must be retained.

A 'branding free' license is available at a cost of $120 per license, in addition to the cost of the license itself.

Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to Jelsoft and vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates, and from the page title. Note this is for one license only and is in addition to the cost of the license.

Also please note that you must retain all copyright notices within the actual product programming code (these notices do not affect any visible vBulletin pages). Note also this does not allow you to rebrand the software with another name. It only allows you to remove the Jelsoft/vBulletin copyright information.

You may change the logo without purchasing this option.
    Does this apply to the title bar text on the browser which shows "powered by vBulletin" on many forums?

I am planning to purchase vBulletin at some point of time, but I wanted to clarify this point. If I cannot even remove just the page title bit when I purchase a regular license, that price appears a bit stiff!! I don't mind the copyright notices at the bottom, but yelling out to the world in the title bar that I'm running vBulletin when I actually paid for it seems a bit unfair on me.
    Last edited by harishankar; Sun 30 Apr '06, 5:32am.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software.

Yes, you do not have to purchase the branding free option to remove the powered by vBulletin from the titlebar. This is a a phrase you can edit.

We are looking forward to your purchase.

All the best,

Comment

Thanks. That made me sigh with relief!

Second question. Method of payment. Do you accept Visa/Mastercard based cards?

I live in India. Would that be a problem with license purchase?

Next: Can I use a gmail.com account for my email id? I don't have a ISP based account but if absolutely necessary I can create an id in my domain name if you want me to.

And finally how long before I can download it?

Comment

The currently available payment options are:

1. Credit card
        --- via Metacharge (Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Visa Electron, American Express-USD only)
        --- via WorldPay (Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch, JCB and Solo)
        --- via PayPal (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Delta, Electron, Switch, Eurocard and Solo)

2. PayPal
        --- Out of PayPal funds
        --- Transfer out of Bank account attached to PayPal

3. Check (includes Money Orders)

4. Wire Transfer from existing bank account

You can order online here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

There should be no problem ordering from India.

Yes, you can use your Gmail account.

How quickly you get the license info depends on the payment method you use. The quickest is with PayPal using the funds in your PayPal account. This should take just a few minutes unless the payment was an eCheck payment, in which case it usually takes 3-5 business days to clear.

Credit Card payments can take up to 24 hours to be verified.

Wire Transfers can take up to 4-5 business days.

And finally checks can take as long as necessary for the check to reach us, be deposited and clear our bank.

License information, regardless of payment method, is not issued until the payment clears our system.

Comment

Thanks. Does the software also allow me to download a converter for MyBB if I register? I mean, at no additional charge?

Comment

Yes, impex is free for download and comes with free support.

Here is the status of the current import scripts vBulletin supports:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_systems

Note: At this time the import only work with vB 3.5.0 and above. If you perhaps run an older version of vBulletin you will need to upgrade to latest stable release.

Here is the Online Manual for the Impex system:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

And please view the 'After the Import' instructions here:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Comment

While purchasing, in the billing information, should the name of the customer be the name of the Credit card holder? My mother is paying on my behalf through her Credit card. How should I proceed to put the customer's name (which is my name)?

Comment

Yes, it needs to be the name of the credit card holder because it's used to verify the purchase.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Once the purchase has completed we could change it, if not immediatly then 3 months later for sure.

Comment

I've made the order. Thanks. I shall wait for the confirmation. What do I do with the order ID?

Hey: I got the e-mail with the customer ID and login password. Does this mean the transaction is confirmed?

Comment

Yes, if you received your customer id and password, then your transaction has been processed.
                      Welcome to the wonderful world of vBulletin
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Now for the hard work of converting my forum... Looking forward to working with this sophisticated piece of forum...

Comment

Thank you for your recent order and good luck with impex

Comment

Originally posted by harishankar
                            Thanks. That made me sigh with relief!

Second question. Method of payment. Do you accept Visa/Mastercard based cards?

I live in India. Would that be a problem with license purchase?

Next: Can I use a gmail.com account for my email id? I don't have a ISP based account but if absolutely necessary I can create an id in my domain name if you want me to.

And finally how long before I can download it?
                            Yeah, im using a gmail account at the moment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X