Converting to VB from IPB, its just that good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting to VB from IPB, its just that good

But, i want to move my database over. I have 100 members and quite a lot of posts and threads that want to move over. Ive heard there is a problem with this in that the passwords cant be moved over so i have to tell users to re-set their passwords.

This is really a last resort, if its really going to be that much hassle i will probably leave it but if there is a way to move the passwords over so they login as normal please tell me, you are all smart people i know you can come up with something

Many thanks for any help,

James

O god im sorry (double post), there is always one noob that does it and today is my day

Comment

After the import you can give your users a link to request a new password, once they get the email sent by that link they will be able to log-in as the normally would.

The reason passwords can not be imported is due to the way IPB stores passwords in their user table.

I've done two ipb -> vB imports in my time, and users seem to have no problem requesting the new password if you take the time to make them aware of the change over. What I did was post a thread on the forum about a week before the import telling them to make sure their email address was working. Once the import was done and we opened the vBulletin I edited the header template to include this text:

"If you are having problems logging into your account please click here", the link went to a thread explaining the entire process of getting a new password.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X