Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Advice needed

Hi there

Im new to this forum and own my own website. On my website we have a forum (not v bulletin) anyway long story short -

I am thinking and 95% sure I will be purchasing the v bulletin board from here so i can install on my website/ftp,

The help I need is the following -

If I do purchase a v bulletin board obviously I dont want to lose all my old members from my old forum as well as all the topics/posts there.

My host said he will give me the following -

"I can supply you with the MySQL"

He says the MySQL holds the members and posts etc If I obtain this would it be something I can incorporate into the v bulletin board software??

I.e. is there a convertor or anything that i can use MySQL into the v bulletin board software.

Any help would be appreciated as of course I would like to purchase the v bulletin board asap but obviously need to know if this will work as other wise i have to start a forum from fresh which is something I dont want to do!

What forum software are you currently using?

We have an import tool, ImpEx, that can import data from over 60 different boards. See here for more information.

Comment

The forum software im using at the moment is -

SMF -> Simple Machines Forum

i want to use vb board, will the MySQL file work with vb?

Comment

Here's the current status of what can be imported from SMF, http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_smf

You use ImpEx to copy the data from your existing SMF database to the new vBulletin database.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain im using SMF 1.0.6

Any idea if this will still be able to work with vb board, it says 1.1 x on that link you gave but surely anything below 1.1 x will work?

any help still appreciated!

sorry to be pushy but i did want to purchase the vb board today before i go gfs in like 1 hour.

thanks again

Comment

The importer should work fine. It's been tested on version 1.0.2 of SMF.

Comment

Thanks for all your help its been very much appreciated!

From this I will purchase the vb board,

thanks again

Comment

Glad we could help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X