Pre purchase question about CMS+VB integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre purchase question about CMS+VB integration

I am going to purchase a VB license soon but before I do that can you tell me which CMS is the best for use with this forum software? My website will have regular news updates, RSS feeds, amongst other things. I heard of Joomla and Subdreamer. I am waiting on your recommendation about which CMS will be best integrated with the VB software. Thanks.

Have you tried vBadvanced, that's a CMS. And I think it can meet to your requirements.
    Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

Comment

I havent heard of that one before but it definitely looks to fit perfectly to VB and the good thing its free. Would you guys recommend Joomla or Mambo?

Comment

As far as I know Mambo is now Joomla, so if you're asking for which of those two, definately Joomla.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Colin, If i chose between VBAdvanced CMPS and Joomla, which one do you think I should install because my requirement is to make it a portal with updated news and also include features like latest post, stats etc. I will also integrate photopost with my VB forum.

Comment

Originally posted by air786
            Colin, If i chose between VBAdvanced CMPS and Joomla, which one do you think I should install because my requirement is to make it a portal with updated news and also include features like latest post, stats etc. I will also integrate photopost with my VB forum.
            If these are your requirements, then I'd suggest using vBAdvanced CMPS. It is very easy to set up and configure and integrates fully 100% with vB.
            John

Comment

I agree, in that case I'd personally go with vBA CMPS as well.
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

My business partner wants to go with Joomla because he says he's been using it for a while now. Also I might not be getting shared hosting. Instead we are opting to purchase our own server, which would roughly cost the same amount anyway.

Base System Configuration:
                * AMD Sempron 2600
                * 80GB IDE Hard Drive
                * 512MB DDR RAM
                * Bandwidth: 1000GB
                * IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
                * Private VLAN
                * Basic Resource Monitoring
                * FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows*
                * 100% Self Managed and Dedicated
                Monthly Fee Options: $65 | $19 Setup

Is this good enough to run a Joomla+VB+PhotoPhost based website?
                Last edited by air786; Thu 27 Apr '06, 10:36pm.

Comment

Yes, for a starting, small to medium community. I expect you having to upgrade to a faster hard drive, 1gb ram and definally more traffic per month once the sites starts going from medium.

Comment

VBAdvanced is a Portal, not a CMS.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                      VBAdvanced is a Portal, not a CMS.
                      vBadvanced CMPS (Content Management & Portal System) http://www.vbadvanced.com/

I guess it's a bit of both.
                      Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

Comment

Oh no... not again.... !!!!
                        John

Comment

Oh yes. I'm gonna be there every time. Saying vBAdvanced is a CMS is like saying a Mini Cooper is an SUV. It has a purpose, but not THAT purpose.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X