Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is yahoo the right hoster for vbulletin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is yahoo the right hoster for vbulletin ?

I had almost signed up for yahoo 11.95/month hosting. Reached last page in signing up state and then changed my mind. While I think with 11.95/month
    yahoo is quite competitive, their apache and MySql versions are not quite latest. Though both of these qualify for the minimum req to run vbulletin, their versions are not recommended ones.

So what do people suggest ? Is there anyone better than yahoo ?
    What I like about yahoo is that I am hoping my site will be up all the time.

Your opinions welcomed.
    --dslvillager.

In a word - no. I've seen lots of problems with their hosting services. You can do better.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      In a word - no. I've seen lots of problems with their hosting services. You can do better.
      Any suggestions ? I started last year as a novice in hosting my own site.
      My first experience was with "no hope hoster" ripplehost. Very cheap, very unreliable, in short good only for experimenting. Now I wanted to start a serious website and hence need a reliable(99.99%) hoster. Currently I am also hosting a small forum at sonet7 (liquidweb), it sounds okay so far, except that I found it was down for a short period the very next day I installed the forum. So I really need a hoster that would be rock solid and running all the time.

TIA.
      --dslv

Comment

Like Steve said, no.

The proper place to ask that would be here though. But I personally reccomend A Small Orange. Great host, real cheap prices. I'm using them and a few other here are too.

Hope everything comes out okay.

Comment

I wouldn't support Yahoo as a hosting provider at all. Because their features looks really low... go for my current host www.lypha.com. If you wish to give me some credit then follow this link: http://www.lypha.com/idevaffiliate/i...?id=154_0_3_10.
          Last edited by roosevelt; Sat 15 Apr '06, 9:24am.
          Out to Change the world!

Comment

I will not recommend yahoo hosting services for vbulletin forum setup.
            TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X