• Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/

Leave a comment:

• WarDaddy2
    replied
    Is there a pdf of the manual out there I can print? I would love to print it and take it on Vacation for some pool side reading.

Leave a comment:

• WarDaddy2
    replied
    Carefully read this topic which covers what is and is not allowed in the license agreement for vBulletin as far as cloaking different sections of your forum in such a way to appear that you have multiple, independant forums.

Separating content and forum styles by using subforums and forumdisplay links within a single domain is allowed because that functionality is built-in to vBulletin.

I think this is what I want to do... It is all one domain, I just want to keep relevant boards togeather without cluttering it up with no relevant stuff. users will always be able to access all boards (aside form Admin boards).

now how do I find out what that test forum they set up for me was? I thought they would send me an e-mail, so I neglected to bookmark it

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by WarDaddy2
    The Navigation tree, can it be limited to a section? so it is not displaying the root? I would like to have dozen sections, all with their own boards. I would like to keep the members of each section in that area. Sure they can go to the root, see all the boards, and post on any, that is fine. I would like to have only 1 way to the root, and easy navigation around the section.
    The breadcrumb area which you are describing can be modified by editing the template. It's a fairly straightforward editing of HTML. I actually cloned this breadcrumb area into the bottom of my SHOWTHREAD template so that when you get to the bottom of a thread, you've got the breadcrumb trail right there.

Also, the links, Can they be easily changed, removed, renamed, etc?
    The navbar template is reasonably easy to change, once you realize that different links in the navbar change depending upon the access privileges of the logged-in user. For instance "Register", which is a link shown for Guests, turns into "User CP" (which I renamed on my forum to "My Settings") for logged-in users.

Bisically, I want 1 single board system that can appear to be many smaller boards, but off a single installation. Does that make sense?
    Carefully read this topic which covers what is and is not allowed in the license agreement for vBulletin as far as cloaking different sections of your forum in such a way to appear that you have multiple, independant forums.

Leave a comment:

• WarDaddy2
    started a topic Navigation bar customization...

Navigation bar customization...

How customizable is the nav bar?

The Navigation tree, can it be limited to a section? so it is not displaying the root? I would like to have dozen sections, all with their own boards. I would like to keep the members of each section in that area. Sure they can go to the root, see all the boards, and post on any, that is fine. I would like to have only 1 way to the root, and easy navigation around the section.

Also, the links, Can they be easily changed, removed, renamed, etc?

Bisically, I want 1 single board system that can appear to be many smaller boards, but off a single installation. Does that make sense?

--Bryan