X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought license.. but for 1 year?

I just bought an owned license, but it says:

vBulletin (Owned License); expires: Apr 10th '07

in the docs it said I can use it indefinitely if I own it.

??

Did I do something wrong?
    bob

You can run it indefinately. You get 1 year of updates. After that, you can continue to run the last version you have for as long as you like.

You can also renew your download access for $30/year to download new versions.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by mxquattro
      I just bought an owned license, but it says:

vBulletin (Owned License); expires: Apr 10th '07

in the docs it said I can use it indefinitely if I own it.

??

Did I do something wrong?
      bob
      With an owned license you can run the software forever - that doesn't end. The listed expiration is for your access to the download new versions from the Members Area. You get one year of free upgrades with your license. After this the current cost is just $30/yr for continued access to new versions. However, this is optional and you are allowed to continue running your current version for as long as you like.

You will continue to have download access for any versions released while your license was active.

Comment

OK thanks guys. That makes more sense. Clear as mud in the email and web site though....

Next up.. Im reading the install manual online... it says "this is for version 2.xxx", I just downloaded 3.xxx.. Cant find a 3.x install manual online. I hope the whole process isnt this much of a battle!!!!!

Comment

well, as usual, Im an idiot.. My page was cached, I quit the browser and found the 3.5 manual online.. sory!!

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?m...rsion=30504500

Not a problem

Comment

Working...
            X