Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from Webwiz 7.97

Hi;
    I have a board which has 10.000 users and 310.000 posts which uses access database which has 420 mb size. I want to convert my forum to vbulletin because of the admin panels features and good functioning. I want to learn if i know all the convert process as well:

1. I should convert my db to mysql. Can i do this by mysql migration tool? Is there anyone who did this befoure because my db is so big and it can crash while migrating maybe, or is there any other tool which you can offer.
    2. I should purchase vbulletin and install a forum, after that install impex and import mysql db to real one.
    3. Send all the users an e-mail which says to reset their password because of the difference of password hash algorithm.

Is these steps are true or are there any other methods better than this and did anyone test this before because when i started to import forum my bulletin will be off and this time must be as short as it is possible and i will have a dedicated server for vbulletin, in this server i am using asp as website programming language. What do you offer me and what about doing this import before?

I cannot answer the exact details of what you are describing, but the first thing you should do is make a complete backup of your forum and download a copy to your PC. Then no matter what happens, you have a save point.

Comment

Isn't there any vbulletin developer to answer me. I think the only bad thing living in Türkiye is the difference of the time zone. I can never take an answer at a short time because of this point.

Comment

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your posts.

From the forum rules:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918

Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
        1. Assuming this is a custom database you will need to write your own import script to do this.

2. Impex only works with known BB systems. You can see which systems we have importers for here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500

3. You can't send users their password, but you can send them a link they can use to reset their passwords.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice the threa title. We have an imported for:

webwiz 7.9 (MSSQL and MySQL, access databases need converting to MySQL, contact Jerry)

So you will need to convert this to MySQL before you can use Impex.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

bmn,

The gist you should have gotten out of this is:

E-mail [email protected] and direct your inquiry to a fellow named Jerry. He created the Import Export system and can assist you further on converting your Access database to MySQL and then getting up and running with vBulletin.

Comment

Thanks a lot, i know Jerry, he makes all the impex scripts. I only afraid of having bad result, as i said before my db is very big and it can be crash while importing, anyway i will convert my forum, i fall in love vbulletins admin area.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X