How to test my server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to test my server

Hi guys. Is there a file I need to upload to my server to confirm the vB will work with it? There is a link to 'Test your Server' in one of the sticky threads above, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. Grateful for some help. Thanks, twobob

What exactly is wrong with the test file?
    *Insert text here* :)

Comment

The link to the attachment appears to be broken - so I can't download ...

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

(Link was from this post Sales Information and Contact Details sticky above, click on Testing Your Server heading/link, and let me know if you have any luck!)

Comment

I updated it today and I did test it on my PHP 4.4.2 server and my PHP 5.1.2 server prior to uploading it.

What exactly is the problem?
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Link still not working for me .... (User error??)

Comment

Updated the link, use http://www.vbulletin.com/go/test
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

No Problem, Wanye added a new post a few hours ago and the link from Floris' post wasn't updated. Thanks for informing us.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hi there guys. When I run the vb_test script I get the following fail messages:

- open_basedir
                  - magic_quotes_gpc

What can I do to get a PASS for these? If not much, can you suggest a host that has everything I need to run vB?

Thanks, twobob

Comment

(BTW, the link to the cplogo doesn't appear to be working - I get a red cross in the top left hand corner)

Comment

I noticed the images are blocked and load intermitently but since its a weekend the server admins are not around.

The errors are under the optional section so you'll still be able to install, if you click the links for the fail it will explain what you need to do to get a Pass and what the consequences of it being failed will be.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

We'd be curious to know who your web host is, if you feel like sharing. It can be helpful to understand.

Comment

I have a little bug with this script file: magic_quotes_gpc is set to Off in php.ini, Apache was restarted and the test script shows magic_quotes_gpc is still set to On.

Tested with Apache 2.0.55, PHP 5.1.2 and MySQL 5.0.19 on localhost.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

what does phpinfo say?

It's possible a .htaccess file could have it on.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

http://pitch.no-ip.info/test.php for phpinfo.

I've install compiled PHP into /usr/local/etc/php and copy php.ini-recommended to php.ini in the PHP directory. IIRC it takes php.ini informations to set up PHP configuration.

And when I run the command "locate php.ini", it tells me only /usr/local/etc/php...
                              Last edited by Yves Rigaud; Sun 9 Apr '06, 12:30pm.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X