I have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some questions

A friend of mine kept bugging me, saying that I need to use vB instead of phpBB for my online magazine because there are too many flaws in the other software, which is true. The last thing I need is to get hacked.

Moving on, I read about the licenses & I understood everything, but one thing: right now, I only have the funds to buy a license for $85. I will most likely upgrade to an owned license, but does one have to pay $30 every year [with an owned license] to get upgrades or no? And if you wanted to install it on another subdomain [not in the root directory], would you have to buy another license?

Also, is it possible to use vBulletin for a members section, like using the permissions in the actual file & pasting them on .php files?

Those are pretty much the main things I need to know. Good job on the software!
    Last edited by Sha; Thu 6 Apr '06, 2:34am.

A leased license costs US$ 85, and you need to pay US$ 85 per year to be allowed to continue running vBulletin.
    An owned license costs US$ 160, and can be run forever. It comes with one year of free upgrades. If you wish to have access to new versions after your year is up, you can renew your license for US$ 30 per year. This is optional and can be done whenever you feel like it.

You can change the installation URL, but you'll need a license for each instance of vBulletin, even if it's on the same domain.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but you could use the vBulletin permissions in an external script to restrict access to certain content to certain usergroups.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks for the answers. I understand now. And yes, that's what I mean about the permissions.

It looks like I'll be buying vB. Thanks again!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X