Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU VAT Regulations

Hi

I've started a forum with a free software and I was planning to move to VB when it grows.

Now, since I'm from Portugal and refering to your offer (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171869), I must pay VAT after April 30, is it?

So if I buy a licence now I'll pay USD 136.17 (EURO 111,05) or USD 160,00 (EURO 130.48)?

Thanks

Nuno

Now you'll pay US$ 160, from May on you'll pay US$ 160 + VAT.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

UK VAT at 17,5% or USD VAT (don’t know if this is the name)?

The Euro price is 139,00. This is a fixed price for European costumers or the exchange is made in the day I purchase vB from USD to EURO?

Thanks

Nuno

Comment

UK VAT at whatever amount it is.
        The euro price is half fixed I think. It's not the daily exchange rate, but it can be adjusted once in a while.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
          Now you'll pay US$ 160, from May on you'll pay US$ 160 + VAT.
          Is Norway (which is not an EU member, but associated to the EU via the EFTA) considered as inside or outside the scope of EU VAT regulations?
          Singularity

Comment

I can't tell you for sure, I'll ask our Business Manager to get back to you though
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

My understanding is that Norway is considered outside the scope of EU VAT.

Comment

Just a quick question,
                I'm considering making the move to using VB very soon, however, with all this VAT stuff being added I need to know if I'll still be exempt. I live on the island of Jersey (Channel Islands) and we are actually exempt from having to pay VAT, I was just wondering because of this will I be able to not pay the VAT?

Comment

If you are excempt from paying VAT then you wouldn't have to pay VAT for vBulletin either.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Comment

hate to be bumping an old topic, but I did a search for 'Norway' and found this one.

anyway, I am thinking about purchasing another license (the first one was purchased before those new VAT regulations were introduced). am I right to say that the EU VAT regulations will not apply to me seeing as that I am a Norwegian citizen and will be paying with a Norwegian PayPal account (or a bank card issued by a Norwegian bank)?

Comment

Yes, that's correct.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Comment

VAT at the present time is 17.5% of the value of the goods
                        [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

17.5% VAT?

Is VAT what we would call a sales tax here in the states?

If so, cripes that is one high tax rate.

Comment

Yes it is mrwuss.

Comment

Why does a U.S. company even have to bother with E.U. VAT anyway?

I mean I live in Australia and you guys didn't charge me GST.

What are the Europeans going to do? Sue you?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X