Troubleshooting Install Issue/Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting Install Issue/Problem

I'm posting this here because my account apparently isn't allowed to post in the troubleshooting section.

Ok, I've purchased the full license for vbulletin. I have an issue with getting mysql5 to work with php5 on iis win 2k3 and am not allowed to post a thread in troubleshooting. What does it take to post a new thread in the troubleshooting forum?

so, the problem I'm having is at the install with"
    vBulletin 3.5.4 requires that the MySQL functions in PHP be available. Please ask your host to enable this."

I have edited php.ini to allow the mysql extension and copied the libmysql file to system32 folder. I also rebooted the machine and still get the error. What else do I need to do? BTW, the customer support person couldn't help me out. He says he doesn't know anything about getting php and mysql to work with windows. That's comforting.

To be able to post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Also please make sure you have activated your forum account by clicking on the link in the activation email after registering or changing you email address. You will not be able to post until you activate your account.

Thanks.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Ok, I've done all that. I have activated my account and entered my email for Priority Forum Support. I still can't post a message. Please look at my account and see what the problem is.

Comment

Everything looks ok, you might have to wait a few minutes until your status gets updated.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X